Window refurbishment in China Town Manchester
The TGC team were in Manchesters China Town to undertake a large
window refurbishment project on Cobac House for Bridge
The works were carried out to the top 3 floors on the left hand elevation of the building.
The reason for refurbishment was due to the building being located in a conservation area, making it difficult to replace them with new Windows.
We worked closely with the owners and decided to carry out the following works:
- New hardwood sashes and beads were manufactured.
- We replaced all existing 4mm double glazed units in the arched top lights and all sashes with 6mm double glazed units.
- Applied new hardware including new friction stay hinges, a ‘D’ handle and 2 x casement fasteners to each window.
- The external timber was lightly rubbed down and 2 x coats of stain were applied along with an undercoat and top coat of Magnolia to the internal side.
- Scaffolding was erected for this job and it took 3 weeks to complete.